2013-03-09

Kris' Top 5 Blushes

Aloha!

Having an article to write and so I thought, dang, I should make a post on here instead. You agree, right? So here I am with my five favourite blushes ranging from matte to liquid to ... amazon clay. Hahaha. 

In no particular order: Benetint, Deepthroat by NARS, Splendor by Tarte, Peaches by MAC, and PB24 Red by NYX.

Before you scroll down, I'm going to warn you that there are two gaping errors in this post but I thought I was clever enough not to need to save a raw photo file before saving the edits I made. Harharhar, I apologize. -_- 



NARS makes great products but the names of their products are built to induce embarrassment. Try telling someone who is 12 years old which blush of theirs is your favourite! This blush goes on quite sheer and is a pleasant pink peachy colour. There is very very fine gold glitter that creates a beautiful sheen when you wear it. I know that Orgasm is a popular fave but I find that it can be easy to go a little too heavy handed with it, so I find that Deepthroat is much easier to wear in comparison.


Mistake 1: this is by NYX and not NARS. I did not realize this at all until I opened it up on the blog and by then, I had lost the original photo. Sigh, I guess this teaches me to be lazy. I did take another picture of this one but it didn't match up to the original, so please just accept my apology. 

I have phases where I buy makeup in certain colours and this was in my red phase. I think red blush gives people a really natural and innocent flush. The great thing about NYX is that they have great products for great prices. This is a full on pure red and the line between wearing too much and just enough is so thin that I often find myself going over it. I would definitely recommend that you work this on by layers in order to save yourself the trouble of having to start over again (or going outside with red paint on your face). 


Splendor came in the Sephora Favourites In the Glow set and so it is the mini version of the actual blush by Tarte. I find that it's a really good size and there is, of course, no difference in the quality or pigmentation of the blush. I wear Splendor on a daily basis as this colour goes with almost any look, has a really natural look about it, and has this gorgeous glitter as depicted above. I'd almost say it's a more wearable version of NARS' Super Orgasm. I'm not the type to really differentiate between summer and winter makeup, but I do think Splendor would be a lovely summer look and I am definitely packing this one on trips.


You know I am an idiot. Look, mistake 2! Peaches by MAC (not peachy). I'm not going to explain what the hell I was thinking. Peaches is this great sheertone blush whose name speaks for itself. Funny enough, this was purchased in my orange phase, and I know some of you will say peach is not orange, but I beg to differ. The first time I fell in love with orange/peach blush was during Narsha's Bbirribbabba era. Ack, looking at that picture, I have fallen in love again with orange makeup. Again, this blush is very easy to wear and you won't have to worry too much about over applying it. 


As the theme of this post goes, Benetint is a very wearable and easy to work with blush. It doubles as a lip tint and I do carry the pocketpal version of this product with me in my makeup bag. On the lips it is this very natural but very cute tint of red and on the cheeks it is a natural looking flush. The only trouble would be not blending it out properly/before it dries leads to it looking a bit spotty and obvious. Does that contradict the first sentence in this paragraph? Not quite as long as you don't just let it sit there before you decide to work with it.


Here are swatches of the blushes (the second picture under flash). Like I said, the NYX one can go on very heavily if you aren't careful and the Benetint one can be the same if you don't blend it out properly. But look at them... aren't they gorgeous? I'm in a purple phase now so I think I might pick up Blushing Bride or something from Tarte. Out of all of these, Benetint and Tarte would be my Top 2. Benetint because it's versatile and can act as a 2-in-1, and Tarte because of the lovely quality and color range that they offer. The only thing is that Tarte products are a bit more costly and I am still clinging onto the idea that they will release a set again. I highly doubt it... but one can hope.

In other news, Joy and I am pestering Cindy to finish her post on skincare, which she will get to once school loosens its grip on her. It's already the middle of March and that means final exams are coming up... /quiet sobbing/. I had my grad photos done the other day and they look horrid. I wasn't happy with them at all but I don't think I'll be doing retakes. 

It's that time of the year again... almost the end of the school year. I find myself going on a tangent whenever someone brings that up because there is so much to do and everyone has things to look forward to. Graduation from university has been a bit more surreal than the time we entered university from high school just because it seems like such a giant step into the next phase of adulthood. A lot of my friends are moving away for work/school in September (as am I) and while we are all so proud and happy for each other, it is a little bittersweet and nerve wracking.

Alright, let me stop bothering you with these thoughts. I'm the kind of person who needs to write things down and make lists, so I'll turn to that instead now. 

Have a beautiful day! I have another post on a camera review coming up but I'll leave that for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment